Bushwhacker Climbing Club Code of Conduct
The Bushwhacker Climbing Club is committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and respectful community for all club members.
If you feel uncomfortable for any reason before, during or after any club event or outing, please talk to the event or outing leader. Or if you prefer, please reach out to the Bushwhacker Board of Directors to discuss your experience. We welcome your feedback and we thank you for working with us to foster an enjoyable experience for everyone who participates in our club.
HOW TO REACH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Email the Bushwhacker Climbing Club Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Outing Policies
These rules apply to official club sponsored outings.
- All participants must be current club members.
- All participants must have a signed liability release on file.
- Technical outings require all participants have completed the
applicable club course or its equivalent (equivalent is determined by
- As a minimum requirement, all club outings must have at least one participant that has completed WFA within the last three years.
- The outing leader has the final decision on who goes on the outing.
- Pets are not permitted on club outings.
- Private "non-club" outings may not borrow safety-related club gear.
- All official club outings should be announced to the entire club.
- All official club outing leaders should submit the club outing form to the Board at least two weeks prior to the outing.
- Every official outing should share at least one photo post-outing.
- All scramble outings must have at least 3 participants.
- All glacier travel must have at least 6 participants.*
*Exceptions will be approved by the Board on a case-by-case basis.
Club Course Policies
In addition to outing policies, these rules apply to club courses.
- No drugs or alcohol during class sessions.
- No drugs or alcohol on course outings (the outing is over when everyone returns to the cars/trailhead).
Club Email Listserve Policies
- Anyone is allowed to join the club email listserve and receive
messages, but only current members are allowed to post messages to the
- No solicitation is allowed on the club email listserve without Board approval.