Bushwhacker Climbing Club Code of Conduct
The Bushwhacker Climbing Club is committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and respectful community for all club members.
If you feel uncomfortable for any reason before, during or after any club event or outing, please talk to the event or outing leader. Or if you prefer, please reach out to the Bushwhacker Board of Directors to discuss your experience. We welcome your feedback and we thank you for working with us to foster an enjoyable experience for everyone who participates in our club.
To reach the Board of Directors, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club Outing Policies
The following policies apply to official club sponsored outings. Exceptions to these policies will be considered by the Board on a case-by-case basis.
- All participants must be current club members.
- All participants must have a signed liability release on file.
- All participants in technical outings must have completed the applicable club course or equivalent. Equivalence is determined by the Board of Directors.
- All club outings must have at least one participant who has completed WFA within the last three years.
- The outing leader makes the final decision about who participates in the outing.
- Pets are not permitted on club outings.
- Only club outings may borrow safety-related club gear.
- All club outings should be announced to the entire club.
- The outing leader must submit the club outing form to the Board at least two weeks prior to the outing date.
- At least one photo from every club outing should be shared on the club’s Facebook or Instagram page.
- All scramble outings must have at least 3 participants.
- All outings that involve glacier must have at least 6 participants.
Club Course Policies
In addition to outing policies, the following apply to club courses.
- No drugs or alcohol during class sessions.
- No drugs or alcohol on course outings (the outing is over when everyone returns to the cars/trailhead).
Club Email Listserve Policies
- Anyone is allowed to join the club email listserve and receive
messages, but only current members are allowed to post messages to the
- No solicitation is allowed on the club email listserve without Board approval.